Google Ads Certified: all you need to know
Google Ads certification is a way to prove that you have the skills and knowledge to create and optimize campaigns for the Google search network.
Heard about Google Adwords certification? Want to know how to become Google Ads Certified? We explain it all in this article!
- The Google Ads certification can be used to support your application if you are looking for a job.
- Certifications issued by Google are a good way to convince potential clients to trust you.
- Getting certified can be very useful if you work in the digital marketing industry.
What is a Google Ads certification?
Google Ads certifications are attestations delivered by Google after a few hours of training. They allow you to show that you know how to manage campaigns on the Google search network.
Basically, it is a certificate intended for digital marketing professionals who need to prove their level of mastery of Google Ads campaigns.
You have a perfect command of Google Ads campaigns? You don’t see the point of taking the training program to get the certificate? Well, the following should encourage you to take it.
What are the benefits of the Google Ads certification?
Obtaining the Google Adwords certificate is beneficial in many ways as it allows you to:
- Demonstrate to your employers or potential clients that you are a specialist in creating and managing AdWords campaigns.
- Advance your career by giving you an advantage over other candidates who don’t have the certification.
- Gain access to exclusive Google Ads resources.
- Increase your chances of being hired by a Google Partner agency.
Interested in this certification? Then let’s see how you can get it right away.
How to register for the Google Ads certification?
To take the exams you need a Google account. You can then access the Google Academy for Ads on the Skillshop site.
Once you are in the Skillshop Academy for Ads, click on the “Get Certified” button.
This will take you to the online exam registration page.
Registered? So let’s see how the tests go.
How do the Google Ads certification exams work?
The certification is divided into two distinct parts:
- the Google Ads fundamentals exam,
- one of the complementary Google Ads exams (Display, Video Advertising, Search, Shopping, Mobile…).
You must pass both online exams to be certified. But let’s take a closer look.
How does the Google Ads Fundamentals exam work?
The Google Ads Fundamentals exam is a multiple-choice exam that tests your knowledge of the fundamentals of Google Ads.
The test covers topics such as campaign creation, budget management, ad targeting and measuring results.
It lasts two hours and you must score 80% or higher to pass. Once you pass this portion, you will need to take the supplemental certification.
How does the supplemental exam work?
There are 6 complementary certifications, each lasting between 2 and 4 hours. You will have the choice between the Google Ads training program for:
- Search Network: related to the mastery of Google Ads campaigns on the search network.
- Display Network: it allows you to prove that you master the Display Network.
- Video Advertising: it proves your ability to manage video advertising campaigns on Google Ads.
- Shopping Ads: this certification proves that you are able to control advertising campaigns on Google Shopping.
- Apps: it certifies that you know how to create campaigns on mobile applications.
- Metrics: this badge shows that you are able to use Google Analytics to measure and improve the performance of a Google Ads campaign.
You will need to pass one of these certifications in addition to the Google Fundamentals module to validate your training.
In the same way, you will have to validate this part of your training with a score of at least 80% to obtain your final certification.
Once you have passed your 2 exams, you will receive a certificate from Google that you can add to your CV or resume. You can even share it with potential employers or your clients.
Didn’t pass? That’s okay, the exam is free and you can retake it as many times as you like.
How long is the Google Ads certification valid?
This certificate is valid for 12 months. After this period, you must retake the exams to renew your certification.
Please note: Google recommends that you retake the exams every 6 months to stay up to date with the platform.
You can check the expiration date of your certification in your Google Academy for Ads account.
Google Ads Certified: we summarize.
As you can see, the Google Ads certification is a valuable asset if you want to work in the digital marketing field.
- Google Adwords certifications prove your skills and your knowledge of the platform.
- These certifications can be used to get a job in a Google Partner Agency or to attract new clients.
- The exam is divided into two parts: a module on basic skills and knowledge and a complementary module.
- The certification is valid for 12 months and can be renewed by retaking the exams.
- To take the exam you just have to own a Google Account and go to the SkillShop website.