Google Local Services Ads: Discover the key categories
Google Local Services Ads is a powerful tool that allows businesses to improve their online visibility and attract customers in their geographical area.
You are a local business? You want to develop your local customer base? Then Google Local Services Ads will be a valuable ally. However, you have to make sure you choose the right category to register your business in to get the best out of it.
In this article, Debugbar explores the different categories of services offered by Google Local Services Ads to help you develop your online presence.
Google Local Services Ads: what is it?
Google Local Services Ads is an online advertising service from Google that allows local businesses to promote themselves to potential customers in their area.
It allows you to create ads for your local services on Google and display them to people searching for similar services. Business owners can also add information such as:
- their address,
- hours of operation,
- phone number,
- and other information to help users easily find the information they need.
To be effective and display ads in a way that is relevant to users, Google asks businesses to categorize their ads into one of the many categories available. Here are the main ones…
Key categories for Google Local Ads
Google Local Ads offers 16 categories of services that can be used by businesses:
- Home Cleaning,
- Home repair and maintenance,
- Gardening and landscaping,
- Moving and Storage,
- Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning,
- Locksmithing and home security,
- Fitness and wellness at home,
- Medical care at home,
- Private lessons,
- Pet sitting,
- Cars and vehicles,
- Interior and exterior painting,
- Kitchen and bathroom renovation,
- Roofing work,
- Pet supplies.
Basically there are several families of services:
- Professional Services: This category includes services such as plumbing, cleaning, appliance repair, etc.
- Health and wellness services: This includes services such as physiotherapy, nutrition, psychology, etc.
- Financial services: Here we find activities such as accounting, financial advice, insurance and real estate brokerage.
- Technology services: This type of service includes: web and mobile development, SEO, etc.
- Pet services: This category includes services such as pet sitting, pet training and feeding.
- Other local services: The local services category refers to very local services such as gardening, landscaping and event planning.
As you can see, there are quite a few categories (and we didn’t put everything…). As a result, it can be tricky to choose the right category when you have an activity that straddles several services.
How to choose the right categories for your business?
Choosing the right categories for your business and services is important to maximize the effectiveness of your ads. To do this, it’s simple, you need to:
- Determine what services your business offers and look for the categories that best match those services. For example, if you are a plumber, you should look for the “Professional Services” category. Once you’ve found the right category, you can start creating ads for your business.
- Delineate the geographic area that your business covers. Google Local Services Ads offers local ads that are limited to a certain area. So you need to determine the geographic area your business covers and choose the categories that best suit that location.
- Establish the budget you want to spend on Google Local Services Ads. Ad rates vary depending on the category and location selected. So you will need to determine a reasonable budget for each category to maximize the effectiveness of your ads.
If you do this, then you will be able to take advantage of the many benefits that this type of ad has to offer.
The 5 advantages of Google Local Services Ads
Google Local Services Ads offer several advantages to local businesses but there are 4 main ones:
- Increased visibility: Google Local Services Ads allow local businesses to be more visible online and reach a wider audience.
- Better results: With Google LSAs you can drive more qualified traffic to your site and increase the number of customers contacted compared to other forms of advertising.
- Customer Protection “Google Guaranteed” Badge: Google has implemented a “Google Guaranteed” badge that allows a customer to see that your business is safe and trustworthy. This builds your credibility and brand image with consumers.
- Customer reviews: If you are confident in the services offered by your establishment, reviews will be very helpful. They will allow you to put forward real customer testimonials. This is an ideal way to reassure your prospects and inspire confidence in Internet users.
- Payment by leads (not by click): Google LSAs allow you to pay for leads, not clicks. This means that you only pay when a lead contacts you and is interested in your services. This is a great way to save money on advertising and ensure that you are only paying for qualified leads.
Google LSA categories: what to remember?
By using the right categories for your Google Local Services ads, you can boost your online presence and attract new customers to your business.
So take the time to think about which categories are best for your business to maximize the effectiveness of your ads.
- Google Local Services Ads is an online advertising service from Google that allows local businesses to promote themselves to potential customers in their area.
- Google LSA offers 16 categories of services for businesses to choose from to categorize their ads for relevance to users.
- Choosing the right categories for your business and services is important to maximize the effectiveness of the ads, including determining the services offered, the geographic area covered, and the budget to be spent.
- The main benefits of using Google LSA include increased visibility, better results, a “Google Guaranteed” badge for customer protection, and payment by leads instead of clicks.
- You pay only when a lead contacts you instead of paying by clik.