Use of AI in the Classrooms – Exploring ChatGPT in Education
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is making a revolution in all aspects of human living from education to work to services to everything in between.
When it comes to teaching and learning experience, AI, especially ChatGPT can have several potentials.
So, what’s the use of AI in classrooms?
In the classroom, it can be used for various purposes such as personalized learning, assessments, feedback, engagement of students, automating administrative tasks, education research, and a lot more!
Just like college paper writing service helps you write better essays, ChatGPT helps you study better!
And with ChatGPT, the options are unlimited! Here is what ChatGPT, an AI-powered model language offers for teachers and students.
4 Ways to Use ChatGPT in Education
We’ve seen plenty of examples of artificial intelligence in education. While there are tons of ways how you can use ChatGPT to power education, we have primarily focused on four different aspects which are:
- Writing Assistance
- Virtual Tutoring
- Professional Development
Let’s learn about how we can use artificial intelligence in the classroom.
ChatGPT is used to assist students in researching a topic. It provides learners with relevant information from all reliable sources.
Research being one of the essential aspects of education involves the systematic investigation of the topic.
Here’s how ChatGPT can be used for research purposes:
- Data Analysis: It analyzes large datasets to identify patterns and inform students about educational policy and practice. It offers relevant articles or studies related to the searched topic.
- Literature Reviews: The AI-powered model functions by conducting literature reviews by identifying articles and summarizing them. It helps students save time and ensure that they have a comprehensive understanding of the topic.
- Natural Language Processing: With NLP, students can analyze written or spoken language in education research. This can help the AI to identify the patterns of students’ thinking and learning.
- Machine Learning: Machine learning is an aspect that is used to develop predictive models helping researchers understand factors influencing student performance and behavior. ChatGPT assists in developing these models by identifying key variables contributing to outcomes being thoroughly studied.
In all, AI, including ChatGPT, is a powerful tool for any sort of educational research.
AI tools like ChatGPT also help students improve their writing skills by suggesting grammar and spelling corrections or providing ideas for writing beautiful assignments.
One can create Edtech classroom using these models.
Here are a few ways it helps assist with writing
- Grammar and Spelling: ChatGPT helps students identify and correct grammatical errors or spelling mistakes in writing. It can analyze the text and provide suggestions for correcting, helping students improve the clarity and accuracy of their writing.
- Sentence Structure: It analyzes the structure of the sentences and provides suggestions. For example, for improvement, it might offer to reword a sentence or to suggest transitions between the paragraphs.
- Writing Prompts: Students are offered writing prompts to help them overcome the blockers and come up with new and better ideas! It generates ideas based on the given topic or sometimes even provides a starting point for writers to initiate their ideas.
- Writing Style: ChatGPT analyzes the writing style of students and provides suggestions for improvements. It can include suggesting active voice, avoiding word repetition, or simplifying complex language.
We think ChatGPT can be a useful tool for students to improve their writing skills. However, it is important to note that it shouldn’t replace the critical thinking skills and creativity of students, and teachers’ feedback and guidance are a must for improving skills.
Virtual tutoring is an area in AI which can be of great help for students who need additional assistance with studies.
ChatGPT can serve as a virtual tutor by providing students with instant feedback and guidance on various subjects. It can be math, science, language arts, history, and more.
Here’s how ChatGPT assists with virtual tutoring:
- Personalized Learning: ChatGPT analyzes a student’s learning style, adapts to it, and matches its exact needs. For example, if a student is struggling with a particular subject, the model offers additional explanations or practice solutions to help them master the topic.
- Immediate Feedback: Unlike teacher’s feedback, ChatGPT provides immediate feedback to students, and helps them identify their mistakes and correct them as well. It monitors a student’s progress and provides feedback on the performance. The model provides a sense of the strengths and weaknesses.
- 24/7 Availability: Being an AI model, ChatGPT is available 24/7, allowing students to access tutoring assistance at any time needed. It especially can be beneficial for students who are trying to study on their own and need assistance outside of regular school hours.
- Interactive Learning: The model engages students in interactive learning activities. There are quizzes, games, and simulations to keep students engaged and learning in a fun way, keeping them motivated.
Hence, ChatGPT can be a useful tool for virtual tutoring providing students with a personalized learning experience.
While AI models like ChatGPT help teachers make their work easier in many ways, they can also be used to support teachers in their professional development. It offers teaching strategies, classroom management, and education research.
ChatGPT can be helpful for professional development in a variety of fields:
- Continuing Education: Professionals can continue their education by getting access to relevant articles, research papers, and case studies in their field. The model analyzes the teacher’s interest and provides suggestions of resources most relevant to it.
- Professional Networking: The AI model assists professionals in networking with others in their field. ChatGPT offers potential connections based on one’s interest and provides a helpful platform for communication and collaboration.
- Skill Development: In the case, you’re thinking of gaining a skill in a particular field, ChatGPT assists in helping you develop a new skill as well as improve the existing one. For example, if you want to learn about the classroom environment, the model provides tutorials, practice exercises, and assessments to help you master new tools and techniques.
- Performance Analysis: Similar to students, ChatGPT also analyzes the professional’s performance and helps them with feedback on areas where improvement can be a must. It provides insights into areas where teachers are excelling and identifies the opportunity for growth as well.
Not only for students but, using ChatGPT can be a useful tool for professionals to help them improve in many teaching aspects of education and develop themselves as a professional.
Within the years, the traditional learning and teaching system has been replaced by many innovative techniques. Using artificial intelligence in education has many more advantages.
This has somewhat proved to be beneficial in the education system. The use of AI offers students as well as teachers to select a detailed education method with deep research, simplified writing assistance, easy virtual tutoring and much more.
Massive use of artificial intelligence in schools can somewhat be harmful to how creative a student and teacher can get with their teaching and learning process, tools like ChatGPT can always be used as additional resources to advance the education process.
What’s also important to keep in mind is that AI is just a way to enhance the possibilities but never a way to provide a full-fledged education.
We also suggest looking out for paper writing websites to come up with collaborative better writing essentials that can be a must for students in the learning process.