What is the best time to post Youtube Shorts?
Thanks to their short format and their efficiency, Youtube Shorts are becoming more and more popular.
So it’s natural that many content creators are paying close attention to it.
However, although this type of video is very effective, it is important to choose the right time to publish if you want them to be as successful as possible.
Debugbar explains everything you need to know about when to post your videos.
- YouTube Shorts are short videos (60 s. max) which look like TikTok or Instagram Reels ones .
- The best hour to publish your videos is between 6 p.m & 10 p.m.
- If you want your videos to be seen as much as possible it’s better to upload them on friday, saturday or wednesday.
Why is it important to publish your YouTube Shorts at the right time?
At first glance, you might think that once a video is published, it will be accessible to everyone, no matter when you post it.
However, it is really important to post your video when people are in front of their computer or phone because the algorithms take this into account to make your video appear in their news feed.
Posting at the right time will allow you to:
- Maximize engagement: If you post your videos when many users are active on social media, it will have more views and be more likely to receive comments, likes, and shares, which can increase the engagement and visibility of your content.
- Enjoy better visibility: When you upload a video on the platform when there is less competition, you are more likely to be at the top of search results and video suggestions, which can increase the visibility of your content.
- Get your video seen by as many people as possible: If you choose a high traffic moment to post your video, you are more likely to receive views. This way, you can increase the visibility of your content and improve your ranking in search results.
- Increase video performance on recommendation algorithms: YouTube’s algorithms take into account the performance of videos to suggest them to users. By choosing a good time to post, you can increase the chances of being recommended by these algorithms.
When should I post my YouTube Shorts?
Peak hours are generally considered the best time to post YouTube Shorts, as this is when the most users are online and active on the platform.
Of course, these peak hours vary by region and day of the week, but in general, the best times to post are between 6pm and 10pm.
|Monday||Between 6pm & 9pm|
|Tuesday||Between 6pm & 10pm|
|Wednesday||Between 6pm & 10pm|
|Thursday||Between 6pm & 9pm|
|Friday||Between 4pm & 8pm|
|Saturday||Between 3pm & 6pm|
|Sunday||Between noon & 3pm|
What days of the week should I post my YouTube Shorts?
It’s also important to consider the days of the week when posting YouTube Shorts.
The days that users are most active also vary by region, but generally, it’s Friday, Saturday and Wednesday.
However, if your niche has a specific audience that is active at different times – like weekends – it may be worth exploring this.
Consider competing content creators
Finally, it’s important to consider competing creators when posting YouTube Shorts.
For example, if you’re sharing similar content to another popular creator on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, or another social media, try to post your content a few hours before or after them instead to maximize visibility and engagement.
How to determine the best time to post a Youtube Short Video?
When trying to find the best time for your YouTube Short post, there are a few factors you should consider.
- Look at when your target audience is actively engaged on YouTube or other social media.
- Check out what your competitors are doing and schedule your posts at different times so that your content will not be drowned out by theirs.
- Use analytics tools such as Google Analytics or YouTube Analytics to get an accurate picture of your audience’s specific behavior and activity schedule.
Finally, remember that every YouTube channel is unique!
Your viewers may have a preference for certain types of content (e.g. entertainment vs. education), specific times (e.g. weekends) or specific topics (e.g. fashion vs. technology).
By simply tracking the specific activity on your YouTube channel over time, you should be able to find the best time to post a YouTube Short.
In a nutshell, the best time to post is…
The best time to post YouTube Shorts videos will always depend on the type of content you produce and the specific behavior of your audience.
- However, as a general rule, the optimal times are between 6pm and 10pm on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday nights.
- Keep in mind, however, that there are exceptions to this rule depending on the type of content you are publishing and your target audience.
- Each YouTube Shorts channel is unique, so simply observe what works for you over time to clearly identify the best time to post a YouTube Short.